The movie airs June 12, but in the meantime you can watch the trailer. When the movie comes out, go watch it and tell everyone you know to watch it too!
From Food, Inc.: 10 Things You Can Do to Change Our Food System
- Drink fewer sodas and other sweetened beverages.
Fact: If you replace one 20 oz soda a day with a no calorie beverage (preferably water), you could lose 25 lbs in a year.
- Eat at home instead of eating out.
Fact: Children consume almost twice (1.8 times) as many calories when eating food made outside the home.
- Support the passage of state and local laws to require chain restaurants to post calorie information on menus and menu boards.
Fact: Half of the large chain restaurants do not provide any nutrition information to their customers.
- Tell schools to stop selling sodas, junk food, and sports drinks.
Fact: Over the last two decades, rates of obesity have tripled in children and adolescents aged 6 to 19 years.
- Meatless Mondays…Go without meat one day a week.
Fact: An estimated 70% of all antibiotics used in the
- Buy organic or sustainable foods with little to no pesticide use.
Fact: According to the EPA, over 1 billion pounds of pesticides are used each year in the
- Protect family farms, visit your local farmer’s market.
Fact: Farmers markets enable farmers to keep 80 to 90 cents of each dollar spent by the consumer.
- Make a point to know where your food comes from – READ LABELS.
Fact: The average meal travels 1500 miles from the farm to your dinner plate.
- Tell Congress that food safety is important to you.
Fact: Each year, contaminated food causes millions of illnesses and thousands of deaths in the
- Demand job protections for farm workers and food processors, ensuring fair wages and other protections.
Fact: Poverty among farmworkers is more than double that of all wage and salary employees.